Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Monkey's 1st Birthday

Back in the Spring, I made centerpieces for a 1st Birthday Party for a cute little munchkin.  Her mom planned to have her party at a local zoo, the theme was little girl monkeys with flowers on their ears. I was thrilled to have the opportunity to make these centerpieces. The colors were hot pinks, blues, yellows...a little green, and orange, and of course BROWN for the monkeys.  I chose my favorite paper, Bo Bunny, Double Dot scrapbook papers and an SVG from My Scrap Chick to create these wonderful pieces.  
I filled a clear cup with gumballs and covered it with a clear dome style lid. Paper shred  was added so the single straw would stand upright, firmly.    
I made a bright color popcorn cup and dropped the clear cup inside.  I added a number ONE to each side of the cup. I love the way they came out...perfect! 
On the outside of each straw I glued on the tree trunk, but not before I inked the edges, giving it a bit of dimension.  The palms were strategically placed on top of the trunk, so the monkeys could be hung and wrapped around them.  Their skinny arms, lanky legs and twirly tails give them plenty of room to play in the palms. All critters were double-sided...so guests on both sides of the table can see the entire centerpiece.  I do like to add some BLING to each piece...my trademark I guess.  
Thanks again Abby for the opportunity to help with your party!
~Margie

     









No comments: