Thursday, November 7, 2013

Rainbow 1st Birthday Party


A few weeks ago Desi, from Desiree Chocolates gave me a call to ask if I would be available to build party pieces for a 1st Birthday Party.  In 2012, I designed Jada's Jungle, a Baby Naming Party for a friend of Desi's. So it was a surprised to hear Jada was already turning one!  Gosh, babies grow so fast don't they?  Of course I was thrilled she asked me to do another party for her.
You guessed it, it was a Rainbow theme!  I was asked to come up with a large piece to be placed on the main table that had some height, menu cards for the sweet table, a couple of banners and cupcake picks.  You know me, I can't do simple..I have to GO BIG everytime!!


I started out with the rainbow from the My Scrap Chick  Lucky Rainbow Bears and a sun from Shape Card Vol. 1  I added some simple font and used my foam dots to give it some dimension in my layering. I used ink to edge the clouds and the sun, and made all pieces double sided.


The pot of gold file came from  SVG Cuts as a Halloween piece, but I changed the color and made it a gorgeous pot of gold complete with a little BLING!!

Adding the rainbow to the pot of gold made the perfect centerpiece. Like I said, I double-sided this to give it a full look from any angle.


Next I did two banners. 



Don't worry, I caught that the T was placed backwards before I glued it down.  LOL! 


Desi, always likes me to make cupcake picks that can be used in almost anything she whips up.  I like to personalize these pieces as well. 
The Menu Cards are actually one of my favorite pieces to build.  They really tie everything together on the table. I like to make them very detailed. Look up my other parties to see the crazy menu cards I have designed.     



 Have I mentioned how YUMMY Desi's  Sweet Tables are???? Look at all those delectable desserts! 
Here are a few pictures of the actual party.








Thanks for stopping by...if you haven't noticed I am "playing catch up"....I am a bit backlogged in my blogging this month so comeback in a day or two...better yet, become a follower and see whats next.  I did an event for 800 guests, I am finishing up some menu cards with a Chicago Theme, and I have done a few more things for My Scrap Chick. Tons of things to share with you!! (Ohhh, I almost forgot...I just blogged about my Tabletop Shops...my baby!!!) 

Thanks friends, chat with you soon!
~Margie


No comments: